View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #174
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Experimenting with suggestions and tweaking details. In view A I put a fairly hefty fender flare over the rear wheel (is that enough of a "hip"?); view B doesn't have it so you can do an A/B comparison. I can do something similar for the front wheel if the rear one is enough of a hip. I put side brake cooling vents in the rear quarter panel as requested. I put new door handles as per request (good call on that one!). I made the outside rear view mirror larger. I put a slight more curve in the windshield as requested.

I put (obviously) fog lights in view A. The red stripe in view B was just an idea; in view A it's just a darker gray but that could easily be full black to create a contrast line that visually thins the upper body.

The hoods are another story. Struggling to get them to look right. I may try a B type hood with the A type center bulge to try something different.

This style seems to be getting the most favorable reactions so far! Looks like we're finally dialing into a good shape. I'll start working on a 3/4 back view.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept8b.jpg
Views: 1851
Size:  163.3 KB
Somebody commented about the long orange running lights in the front... there's a special feature about them that doesn't show in a still image. They're a tight line of LED's inside so when you use the turn signal, a light pulse moves from the inside to the outside (from one end to the other) towards the headlight; then when the last LED in that bar turns off, the side marker light on the fender turns on to "finish" the sequence then it starts over again. If the running lights are on at night, they're at a half-power setting so the "pulse" goes to full bright for each LED as the pulse appears to move to the outside.

I'll do something similar for the tailights.

Angrybird I haven't forgotten your idea for the hood; just having difficulty getting it to look right.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM