View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 09:16 AM   #35
KCelsius

Drives: 2018 Summit White 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Man those RS models look good. The premier also looks pretty good also, just a different "vibe" than the RS model, which is a good thing.

Yeah its expensive, but doesn't shock me. I priced out an RS with those optional wheels and everything my wife would want for around 42 or 43K. But we don't need AWD...FWD is enough for most people in my opinion unless you live further north. Here in Missouri, we typically several small, and maybe a few "large" (large for MO) snow storms a year. FWD and careful driving is enough. Not worth the added cost of AWD.

Hard to compare the Cadillac XT4 with the Blazer. Blazer is larger and roomier. Needs to be compared with the XT5 which goes north of 55K if you give it similar options and wheels.

My wife drives a 2018 GMC Terrain with the 9 speed. Did you work on that one also? Very happy with the way it shifts!
Yeah I've worked on the Terrain as well, the 2.0T and 1.5T option, but not the diesel. Compared to the 6-speed, the 9-speed is more robust to absorbing variation in hardware and other things so I've found it to be a great product to our customers. I will say I kind of wish it was a 7 or 8 speed at times, I think the 9 is a bit overkill and drives more work because it's more shifts to calibrate haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
For all of us performance "junkies", a V8 Blazer would have certainly have been nice. However, I can tell you the V6 and the ability to run regular gas is what pushed me towards the Blazer.

I looked at a number of SUVs from other manufacturers that were either turbocharged or had small V8s and their gas mileage ratings were almost as bad as my ZL1. On top of that, many required premium gas. I use Shell gas and 93 can run as much as $.70+ more a gallon.

I think Chevy made the right choice making the V6 the top engine package, especially for a vehicle that will be a daily driver for most buyers.
I think you hit the nail on the head. For someone who already owns a SS 1LE, I spend enough on gas and insurance in the warmer part of the year. My daily needs to be something that takes good ol' regular unleaded fuel and gets decent gas mileage. It's not about having that V8 all the time for most people - sometimes I just want to do some mindless driving haha.
KCelsius is offline   Reply With Quote