View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 10:00 AM   #951
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
You seem to blame this all on GM... Wow, have you been hiding in a cave or something? This is something that effects all manufacturers, not just GM. So stop blaming them and blame who is really at fault here.
You do realize it was almost 15 years after they stopped making 4 cylinder Camaros that the Camaro died....it definately was not the cause.
No I haven't been in a cave. I KNOW who is at fault but didn't want to get into a political argument when we are discussing cars. The only thing I can do is not buy crappy CAFE econo boxes. If the manufacturers can't sell that crap, maybe THEY will push back.

They DID stop making 4 cylinder Camaro's though-- and they WERE crap.

I'm not a young guy either, 50 yrs old and never impressed with "fun little sporty Hondas." I'm not intending to blame CAFE on GM alone. (I'm not a fan of politicians sitting around and picking arbitrary fuel standards in order to undermine one industry in favor of another.)

But at this point I will say I'm not going to be in the market for a Camaro that is like a Honda. I might as well buy the Honda if the things I liked about American muscle cars goes away.