View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 12:51 AM   #9
hitmix300
2016 loaded 2SS

Drives: Maverick X3 Turbo R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
For anyone reading this thread, I can tell you on a previous Vette, I went down this path and got to sick power levels after I blew the motor and went with a completely forged setup (head/cam, headers, no cats, magnaflow exhaust, gears, converter and a shift kit - around 800rwhp)...it was sick. Of course I had to add gears and converter to match the powerband for the Procharger.

Here’s the thing, on that journey, I went from a crazy fun car when it was around 500rwhp because I was running a safe amount of boost and the car drove like stock until you got into it, but could still have fun on street tires too.

At the end, the car was loud, had a lope, very hard and fast shifts, and with that much power I had to drive on DR’s all the time. Street tires became very unsafe because breaking it loose at 50mph...it’s scary. Plus, the wife hated it because of how loud it got.

This time around, I decided on the Maggie because the torque comes on so quick the stock converter and gears would be perfect. Fun to drive with a stock feel until in boost. I figure with this setup and some good DR’s, it will be good for low
-mid 11’s on pump gas (with a shitty driver) and able to idle in traffic (with air on). I really hate the idea of changing the car so that on the track is different than I would ride around on the street.

I know how this game works and once you get bit, it’s hard to turn it off. . .but as someone who has been there and done that, figured others might like to hear about it. Looking forward to playing with the vert this summer and will love to compare my Procharger setup and the experience with it compared to the Maggie.
I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM

i'm not ready to go to an AA meeting yet man

have fun with your new toy, you'll be forged, cammed and sprayed before fall.
hitmix300 is offline   Reply With Quote