View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 01:55 PM   #11
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weege View Post
Responding to SuperSound: Yes, I see that Track setting for NPP and MRC and steering can be forced, as you stated, in any mode using the settings options via the display panel. My question is whether those settings remain in place until changed, or are they limited to one drive. It seems that one can edit each mode (ie Touring, Sport, Track) to have any of the various settings for exhaust, steering, and MRC desired. For example, I can set Touring to have the Track exhaust and steering, but the Touring MRC settings if that's my preference. If I set it that way and then switch between modes, will my changed settings for Touring remain in that configuration until I chose to change them? Thanks.
Yes they will stay forced until you change it. The only way it will "reset" is if the car loses power for a long time I believe.

But you cannot change settings for individual Drive Modes. For example, you change Engine Sound Management to the Track setting. Now NPP will stay in Track setting for all drive modes. So if you switch from Tour to Sport via the Drive Mode Selector, the NPP will be in Track setting regardless. Think of those settings for Engine Sound Management, MRC, and Steering as "overrides". If you take any of them off Auto, you force that setting for every Drive Mode.

Just to be clear. There are Drive Modes - via the selector switch just below the shifter.

Then there are Drive Mode Settings - changed via myLink, then Settings.

Two of the things you cannot change are Throttle Progression and Shift Performance (only autos). Those settings are locked to the Drive Modes.

Hope this helps. It's confusing right now but after you play with it in the actual car...easier to understand.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote