View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 04:24 PM   #21
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Woah, pretty cool this made home page. This are VERY rough estimates and primarily based off an assumed wheelbase, which I know isn't 100% accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Except even your base measurements are off of a fake front end and a decklid that is overhanging the rear bumper fascia by at least 4 inches if not more.

Nice try, but this is a much smaller car than what you are showing. Now the dimension may be close, but your tip to tail is off of parts that won't be going to production.

Even the most aggressive vehicles have some type of bumper on the back. The decklid is simply overhanging that bumper, even in this photo it's pretty clear.
I 100% agree with you, it is obvious GM is trying to camo this thing as much as possible and there is no doubt a lot of padding on this thing. I primarily did this exercise to see what kind of length this mule was (even with the padding). If these measurements are even somewhat accurate of this test mule then the 6th gen is going to be seriously smaller than the 5th gen. Even with all of the padding it is smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I think taking stabs at the 6th gen's length is fun, but really there is no way to make an accurate guess at the overall length based off of the above shot.

I'd say those rims are either 19" or 20", so based on that you could try and get some sort of guess at wheelbase, but not much more.
Agreed. The proper way to do this size estimate would be based off of an assumed wheel size. It's possible these are 20" rims, but they look 19" to me. Based off of that size, further estimates can be made of the entire car. Unfortunately I've been way too busy to crunch those numbers.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote