View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 12:18 PM   #34
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
The A10 is a phenomenal tranny, but I personally feel it needs to be tuned with a performance mode that’s selectable on or off, including at low speeds. I drive a lot of small, twisty, hilly back roads (for enjoyment), between 15MPH - 60MPH. The car is always looking for the next up shift, or down shift, which it does with Cadillac type smoothness and efficiency. To me, that’s not a sporty / engaging experience, at light throttle. I’ve tried the paddles, and that works well, but, I occasionally have the music on at a stop light / sign and forget about being in manual mode..(oops). Not to mention, there’s a lot of paddle slapping when you have 10 gears and you want to hold 3K-4K rpm, at highly variable speeds on the twisty’s. I’d love for the car to do this work for me, automatically.

The above would be my only negative critique of the A10. And, I wouldn’t go back to manual over this Auto.

At some point, I’ll get a tune to modify shift points in either sport and or track mode(s), to fit my specific needs.

Last edited by Chutzpah; 02-07-2021 at 12:46 PM.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote