View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #229
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Well folks.... I've decided to call it good on this project. I've already put way more time into it than I'd originally intended but it was a lot of fun and I learned a great deal; time well spent I think. I'm going to put what I've learned with this software to good use elsewhere. I'm guessing the 6th gen Camaro has probably already been designed including the body styling. I hope it's great. I wish I could build my version; it would be a beautiful, sleek, elegant car. I'm not sure that's what the overall market wants though; it may be too refined of an image. It seems from reading what people say that they want something that's rougher around the edges. My design would open up the market to an area it probably doesn't reach now; a more affluent demographic, but I don't know if my design would appeal to the "rough-around-the-edges" crowd... it might lose them. Hard to tell.

At any rate, I sincerely thank all the people who took the time to participate, who read through all the many posts; the many thousands of views from those who didn't comment but by being interested enough to make all those views, it gave me encouragement to continue. It's been a very enjoyable and educational journey. I've done enough to give anyone who looks a pretty good idea of what I had in mind. I don't think GM will use it (although if they did I would certainly buy one! lol) but hopefully it gave them some useful ideas they might not have had otherwise.

I've already been working on some sketches for Camaro 2020 so in the not too distant future I'll start a new thread once I have something in 3D to look at. I know that's pretty far out in the future but maybe if we give them some useful feedback early enough, we can help them design Camaro 7G.

Thanks again, one and all!

Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Final-a.jpg
Views: 1295
Size:  46.4 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Final-b.jpg
Views: 1562
Size:  49.9 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Final-c.jpg
Views: 1520
Size:  48.1 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Final-e.jpg
Views: 7868