View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #9
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspolo View Post
I also don't see the need for 6 cylinder, but only if they offer a 4 cylinder turbo Camaro.
Most people that buy a 6 cylinder Camaro care about MPG and that the car offers 300+HP.(Looks play a major part)
So with a 4 cylinder car with turbo the MPG would be pretty high and performance would be similar or better than what the V6 offers at the moment.
One thing I would hate would be a 7 or 8 speed transmission since it would shift too much.
I would tend to agree (power-wise) that if their turbo offers power in the 300+ range, then it may be difficult to justify a V6.

But if the turbo is not any more powerful than it is in the ATS and the Buick, then I think there is plenty of room for the V6 in the line up, as even a lighter camaro with T4 making 260hp/260-ishTQ wouldn't perform much, if any better than the current V6 does.

I think a 6 speed auto feels just right, but there is no denying that a 7 or 8 speed would increase performance in a straight line and increase MPGs. Just look at what the 8 speed in the charger did for the V6 car...amazing increase in performance. But I also like the tap-shift. I think that would be a LOT of tapping in an 8 speed car lol.