View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:22 AM   #71
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
Unfortunatly that happened a year early haha, those new 5.0s are beasts. Speaking of which, the most stubborn muscle car of all, the Mustang, will damn sure still be offering a V8 years from now, so being a proud supporter of all muscle and not just ignorently succumbing to one specific brand i would definatly take a V8 Mustang over a V6 Camaro. One guy before me put it right, a V6 Camaro ceases to be a muscle car and at that point would just be a sports car, which would kill the whole vision, idea, and passion behind the car. It may be hard for some people in the newer generations to understand but the V8 means more to muscle enthusiests than just high horsepower.

Muscle cars cant be compared to normal vehicle standards. They dont want to be the best performance vehicle on the market thats the sports car market. Muscle cars just aim to be the most fun cars you can own, that passion behind the V8, an engine that's bite is as mean as its bark making the car so wild and untameable that you get that sense of danger behind it that you dont get in any other car, and something you definatly cant get with any V6. Muscle cars are in a class of their own, they cant be measured up in normal car standards, normal performance or economy standards dont apply because muscle cars are meant to be that rebellious genre that screams "**** the rules!" and doesnt care about anything but how much pure fun it is to drive, all the other cares thrown to the back of your mind like economy, safety, laws, restrictions, the idea is to forget all the troubles, screw what everyone else thinks and just be yourself. And as long as that idea is preserved im confidant that the V8 will prevail, the day the muscle car succumbs to V6 engines only is the day the muscle car's spirit dies.
i skimmed over this post before, went back and re read it. this is one of the best written statements i've read on this board.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote