View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 08:37 AM   #293
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by revychevy View Post
You mean the emission standard change didn't help performance? Gee Wally, I thought you said ALL change was for the better? You are argumentative for its own sake, you own a bunch of muscle cars and brag about your means to own them but argue for the Camaro to be changed into a 4 cylinder econobox because all change is good.

Your statements are not to be believed, if they were--my father in law dying of cancer and my mother dying of a heart attack in the same year must have been a fantastic change. I'm sure all the people who lost money when Lehman crashed or my fellow soldiers who were maimed last year from rocket attacks and IEDs are thinking how awesome it is that their having legs thing changed.

I DO remember the '70s. I am NOT a hippie nor do I expect things for free. The discussion was about 4 cylinder Camaros. This is a Camaro forum, I would have never thought you'd find so many Camaro fans who attack those who like V8 engines, and advocate for govt. regulation to turn muscle cars into econo green low displacement hamster engined smart cars. But I guess thats a change too.

If we embrace and accept every change for the worse, nothing will ever improve and we will doom ourselves to a permanent downward spiral.

Gee Beav ... Nothing like reading between the lines and taking things out of context ... Never once did I say ALL change is good. Never once did I say a change today would make a difference better or worse tomorrow. Some changes take a longer period of time to correct.

I will however state, never once did I say V8's sucked and I didn't like them. I was born and raised in Detroit, and my life revolved around the auto industry. I also was a strong advocate for the street scenes on Woodward Ave. and Gratiot ... My whole point in this entire thread is it's not your place or mine to say someone can't or shouldn't want a 2.0T in a Camaro. Who cares if the ZL1 cost extra taxes, most that can afford one this is a non issue.

I stand behind my statement that you change the things you can, and embrace the things you can't.

I lost a lot of friends in the late 60's and early 70's that were drafted into a war we didn't belong in. But from all of that there were lessons learned, that are applied today.

You know nothing about me, I was a very big into anti government. I was at every protest and sit in I could get to. If you want to call me an elitist because I'm able to make it in life, and am responsible for my own destiny or demise so be it.