View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 07:25 AM   #496
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Correct. I'm saying the new base engine helped with the 300 pounds lighter thing.. I wonder what it lost from the 2. 0 to new 2.0.
Well from the Camaro numbers released, the 2.0T is significantly less than the V6. So 2.0T to V6 is noticeable.

Going from a 2.5 to a 1.5T was probably a good bit, but the turbo and intercoolers add some of that back.

Maybe we'll see a breakdown of that sometime.

My point was just that going from a Gen5 1SS (and there is a reason we aren't hearing 2SS weights) to a Gen6 1SS is not much more than downsizing to Alpha. Even the smaller fuel tank is saving nearly 20 pounds of that 229.

Not bashing anyone on that point, it's great work. A LOT of content was added to the Gen6. And to be clear, enabling 20" wheels is a big deal for the architecture. I don't think either the ATS or CTS have 20s in any configuration. I think the CTS-V only has 19s.

And as I've previously discussed, going lighter may have required a bit more premium materials which would have jacked the cost up quite a bit. And that is likely saved for the Gen6 Z/28.