View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 11:26 AM   #5
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
Welcome! Nice looking Camaro!

Callaway would be another name brand to consider. If you are looking for a local recommendation then you might want to reach out the the Southern Illinois Camaro Club for suggestions. They are a great group of people. If your schedule is flexible about starting the project then you might even want to attend CamaroFest 8 in Bowling Green, KY this summer and talk to owners there about their experiences with FI upgrades. An FI upgrade will invalidate the factory drivetrain warranty so you might want to drive the car a bit to be comfortable that all is well before starting an FI project anyway.
I am not in a rush. Definitely would like to connect with the local guys. I haven’t even taken delivery yet. I am well aware of the challenges with FI, I went down this path before with my C5. I Ended up with a built engine, pro charger, cam, gears, converter and hardened everything...I went way too far, to the point my wife didn’t like riding in the car (around 800rwhp). I will keep this one much more mellow...but want enough to make it “mine”.

I like the roots style blower because it comes on so early that standard gearing isn’t a problem. I like the way a head/cam sounds and the improved top end performance is beautiful (but need veering and converter to take advantage of the power band).

Thanks for the info...keep it coming. I was about to take my Mustang down the Roush path and decided I wanted the vert before going down that path...that brought me back to the dark side. 😊
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote