View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 11:18 PM   #1
Michael2000

Drives: .
Things I hope GM improves on the Gen 6 Camaro

There a few things on the Camaro I would like to see improved for the sixth generation.

1) Move the darn Tach and Speedo down two inches so we can see them, and not have them blocked by the steering wheel. I can't believe this got put into production this way.

2) Put calibration on the temp gauge - C and H just don't cut it.

3) Move the other four 2LT gauges up where they can be seen.

4) Increase the size of the tach on the HUD so it's useful, and put more graduations in it than 250 rpm. Have an expanded high RPM scale option for performance use.

5) Make lumbar support standard equipment. I would consider this in the same class of adjustments as recline. Everyone's back is different, and has different curvature. Even pickups have this now.

6) Have the Driver Information Center dim with the rest of the guages.

7) Have independent user adjustable day and night brightness for the HUD, and make sure it dims down more at night. It's too bright for dark roads. I end up having to turn it off at night.

8) Improve the trip computer (similar to what Ford did with the Mustang), where you have fuel economy, gallons used, time, distance, average speed.

9) Driver Information Center should have digital readouts for all the analog guages, such as volts, trans temp, oil pressure, oil temperature, and coolant temperature. In fact, there is probably room to put all of them on one screen. I don't see the point in cycling through, just to see one value at a time.

10) Backup camera should have guide lines. It should also have better low light performance (I've seen a lot better).

11) Mode to turn off radio display on HUD. I don't need to see this when I am trying to watch the tachometer for shifting.

12) Design a clutch that doesn't have effort DROP as it nears the floor. This drives me crazy.

13) Put some more body structure in the car, to get rid of the shake on some freeways and roads.

14) HID or LED headlights standard, ala Mustang.

15) Shoot for a 50/50 weight distribution.

16) Have the HVAC buttons show English words on the MyLink display rather than just the same unintelligible icons.

17) Cut the road noise, so the Bluetooth actually works. Add noise cancellation.

18) Put covers over the visor mirrors to cut distractions when driving.

19) On the radio, move the Source button further away from the volume control. It's too easy to accidentely change sources.

20) Have a blacked out interior option that removes all glaring silver and chrome pieces.

21) Defeatable Hill Start Assist - defeat through menus so it is permanently off. This is driving everyone crazy.

22) LT1 Direct Injected Engine.

23) 7 Speed Manaul.

Most of this would cost GM very little money, and some would have no production cost at all (just some software updates). The Camaro is a great car, but it is rough around the edges in some areas. Add your own suggestions below.

Michael

Last edited by Michael2000; 05-12-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote