View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 12:40 PM   #90
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post
Its a bone head question to get some honest answers.

For those fortunate to have a second car for recreational purposes would you choose the 1LE over the ZL1?

There is the obvious performance/power advantages of a ZL1. But then the added practical points such as mpg, weight and NA engine. While the ZL1 will be a monster, a 460 HP 6.2 liter engine is very capable.

Anybody here who would take a 1LE over a ZL1?

Thanks
There's a large, quiet group of car enthusiasts who love to track and whose favourite moments of driving are taking a series of sweeping turns apex to apex...

If your one of those people you realise any extra weight you can rid....especially nose weight... you get better cornering...

I can GUARUNTEE you the 1LE corners better and feels better thru the apex than a ZL1....

sure the ZL1 will brute force it's way out of the corner exit... but for true track rats prefer sublime balance and carrying their speed thru the twisties over using power to compensate for a 4000 pound curb weight and a nose heavier car with an extra 100 pounds of motor that sits at a higher C of G...

I would save my money...wait till the power train warranty was up...then have it rebuilt stronger with a non AFM cam for more natural aspirated power by a good engine builder... better reliable power with no weight increase....
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote