View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 05:02 PM   #47
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
I think by now we all agree here...

In the 90s and 2000s horsepower was the big deal, but now we've all gone back to our roots because we know what makes our passion different everyone else's...that magical torque number...and by now we all want GM to put a high torque motor in the Camaro regaurdless of the horsepower, luckily they monitor this site and even a few members work for GM so most likely they'll hear and come calling, then the Mustang will have to catch up again >=} hahaha

Personally im looking forward to Mopar pulling something out of nowhere, id LOVE for Mopar to jump back on board in good ole' Mopar style by suddenly dropping this new motor for the Challenger that is lower horsepower, maybe like 320 or so but something rediculous like 500 torque hahaha, i would love that so much, i want Mopar back in this thing! im tired of just Camaro, Mustang, Camaro, Mustang, Camaro, Mustang...

I have always been of the school of thought when building my engines that I like to build for TQ, and the HP will be there. With materials these days you can get a high cu. in. engine to spin pretty fast which ultimately results in high peak HP as well so really you can have the best of both worlds.