View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 07:35 AM   #178
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
What you call fat and bulky was/is the Coke-Bottle shape, which the 5Gen also has. It's wider in the fenders and trimmed down in the door area. IMO the 69' is more appealing as it's less of a slab-sided car.
I used "fat and bulky" because that's what Q'smuscle used to describe the '67 so I just flipped the terms he used. Personally I wouldn't have used those words (unless describing the 5th gen, heh), but they're close enough. The 69 is definitely not as 'slim' as the 67.

I don't think anyone disputed that the 5thgen was largely inspired by the 69. That fact doesn't mean that I can't like the looks of the 67 better and like the looks of 5thgen a lot more than both (probably in the minority again). While the retro cues are obvious, 5thgens look quite different than any of the 1stgens.

Somewhat back on topic (sorry bruno!), the 6thgen will most definitely be an evolution of the 5thgen, but interestingly, I doubt it will look like a 1stgen at all because it'll be that much further removed from them. The refresh is already headed away.
Time will tell I guess.