View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #7
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Oh, don't get me wrong. Before I continue - let me say that I LOVE the 5th gen. Everything from the interior to the performance. Got it? Good...
Your initial comment spoke directly to loss of performance, due to the design keeping with the concept. You're talking about cosmetic things.

I'll give you the hips are wide, but the paint sucks on every part of the car, not just the hips. Once upon a time, cars and trucks had painted metal right on flat forward facing areas on the nose, and the paint didn't chip off like it does now. The paint sucks. It does not adhere well due to it being illegal to use petroleum based paints, and it's too thin in an effort to save weight due to CAFE regs.

I don't have a problem with the rims, which pretty much were expected. If the car had 18's or something no matter what style it had the wheels would have been ridiculed.

The interior so peripherally pays homage to the concept that anything wrong with it would have been addressed. In the case of poor visibility we know of ONE area where doing it DIFFERENT than the concept made the car WORSE. The concept had no B pillars. Had they done that the visibility would jave been better AND the care would look even more like the beloved concept.

Also, the "new" steering wheel sucks compared to the 2010 wheel. Should have stayed with that design.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote