View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #16
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I own a Sonic LTZ Automatic as well.

It does handle like a go cart, and I would say that it does handle corners as well as, if not better than my SS did.

Even with the Turbo, though...it is just "peppy", and powering out of the corners has to be timed rather than just brute forced.

Easily could drive the SS faster through even most twisties than the Sonic...though if it was continuous 25mph corners, the Sonic would have the edge.
Handling and grip are not the same thing. The sonic may feel more controlled in slow corners, but it won't have nearly as much grip and will corner a lot slower.

Quote:
Camaro guy...If you wanna meet me at some twisties, I will gladly take off traction control over boost my manifold, and speed shift through the turns looking like Mario Andretti, while you fish tail and wonder how I beat you. So go on with your bad self.

Besides, if I decide to get a flash tune, turbo pressure regulator, electronic exhaust cutouts, and a engine management system, I could easily hit my switches and keep up with you while my engine sips on gas around 38mpg. So in your face!
LOL.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote