View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 06:22 AM   #105
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyemike View Post
This thread is such a circle jerk. I know there are a lot of you with deep Camaro roots that like the 4th gen, but that catfish isn't respected by anyone else. It's ugly, the interior looks like garbage, it isn't a headturner at all, and the fastest one barely makes more horsepower than the current V6's, AND it handles like crap.
It is unrealistic to evaluate cars built when you were in grade school against today's "standards" (which I could say focus too much on appearances inside and out - and people still complain).

Nor do I see where your "handles like crap" comment is coming from, unless your own driving experience was in one with bad shocks and suspension bushings well past their prime. The earlier car having a different "feel" (mostly a stick axle vs IRS thing) does not necessarily mean that it's poor or grossly inferior. Just different. I've driven a 4th gen (Firebird, actually) a few times, quite possibly harder as far as cornering/handling is concerned than you've ever driven anything.

Rear-of-engine access, Optispark, and brake hop in some years, I'll give you as being 4th gen weaknesses.

Quote:
They did the right thing in making the new Z28 a Boss killer and making it a track focused car.
At least you got this part right. ( if you're old enough).

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 07-05-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote