View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 11:33 AM   #12
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgloves View Post
Looks like a 5th Gen 2.0

If this is the case and I cant see why it wouldn't be. I would think that GM would seriously regret not making a bigger move with the 6th Gen years later. The 5th Gen car has sold a ton of units which is the #1 key to success. I just don't understand how this particular body style (5th gen and 6th gen) can sustain this type of popularity over the amount of time that the 6th gen should last.

If the 6th Gen starts in 2016, typically generations with Camaro's last about 10 years. Putting the 6th gen and this body type to an end in... 2026? That would mean the 5th/6th Gen would have been around for 16 years?? That's really pushing it. Then again the 6th gen could be shortened and the 7th Gen could replace it just 5-7 years in. Who knows..

I was hoping to see a totally new and different type of body style.
No way in heck the 6th gen will last 10 years. This isn't the 80s and 90s and early 00s any more. The industry moves faster than that now.

As others above have already pointed out, it was said to expect an evolution. Not an all new design.

What I'm hearing is that you are sad that the car could look similar to the 5th gen. Well...sorry about that, but if it were the other way around, and the car was a huge change well then we'd have lots of "BUT the 5th gen is the best looking Camaro EVER....why would GM jump ship!!????"

Last but no least...we still haven't seen the actual car. Based on what we have seen, the body lines look to be very similar, but there are lots of things we haven't seen. BIG difference between seeing a car in camo versus the real deal all dressed up on the showroom floor.

Many (including myself) felt that the 5th gen would be the perfect car if it were just a lighter, and perhaps tiny bit smaller car. Well thats what GM is giving us. We are getting a car on a sweet chasis, with a sweet engine, and most certainly a completely redone, modern interior with all the goodies.

Nobody complains when BMW, or Porsche goes decades on a similar design while increasing performance, and quality. Why can't Camaro do it with such a beautiful design?

Can't please everyone.