View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #13
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
The types of quality issues I am hearing about on 5th Gen cars reminds me of cars built in the 60's and 70's.

Hood wrap missing from 1LE (how does that happen?)
there has been ONE incident of this - and we don't even have the full story yet
Three of one size tire, and fourth tire of different size (the people at the plant must be high)
ummm...have never heard of this issue (and I'm on here a LOT) you sure this is a camaro issue?

Trunk lids partially painted inside
not an issue for the camaro

Wheels poorly painted, and no paint on inside of wheel
OK - this one I'll give you. The wheel paint could be better, but it would also increase cost(s) to powder coat them

Big gaps between door and dash on one side
again, not a camaro issue

Gaps between bumper and headlights different side to side
not a camaro issue

Uneven metallic paint
There was a TSB released in 2010 regarding this issue. Reason is because of the different materials (metal vs. polyurethane plastic)

Thin paint
valid point - our clear coats could be better

Specs and dirt in paint
very few occurrences of this, and in all instances GM has stepped up and fixed it

Front valence sticking out from fender
There is a TSB issued for this, it's a very simple fix. Oh and considering that all front splitters are installed by your dealer, not a Chevrolet issue

Clutch chatter
TSB was issued about this. Easy fix.

Driveline slop
TSB was issued about this. Easy fix.

Missing fasteners
You'll have to be more specific, there are a lot of fasteners in our cars.

Misaligned panels resulting in interference fit, and paint worn away
Are you talking about the spoiler paint chipping? Easy fix, and there was a TSB issued

Once everyone gets tired of this garbage assembly, they will move on to other makes of cars. People will only put up with this for so long. This isn't 1969. People have options. Get your act together or go bankrupt again.

Michael
Comments are in red. Again - I think you're talking about multiple car manufacturers.