View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #244
Ken_
Tally Ho!

Drives: 13 2SS/RS 6M, 05 Mitsubishi Evo 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
In your world an ant can beat up a human because the ant can lift 50 times his body weight and a human can only lift one.

Now that your straw man has been incinerated, why not compare engines in the SAME vehicle against each other???
Nah, in my world, bumblebees fly when theoretically they shouldn't just like an F-4 Phantom isn't supposed to fly, yet it does, and even little 50cc mopeds strapped with a little T-too-tiny turbo whoops ass on a WRX Sti in a 1/4 mile.

Wasn't this you?

"A lightly boosted V6 will run circles around a lightly boosted I-4, so the I-4 will need more radical components to handle higher boost just to keep up with the V6. That means for the same level of performance you will shell out more money for the I-4, and have less headroom to tune it because it will already be pushed closer to the limit just to feel like a mildly boosted V6."

Sounds like you were speaking in general. You didn't state anything regarding make/model/type. I speak from what I know- turbocharged I-4s beating the crap out of V-6 and V-8s with FI. Look for the FACTS all around you.

Before you make generalized statements, maybe you should actually state what is already a reality. There's no such thing as an I-4T in a 5th Gen. You are like the others hypothesizing on the nonexistent. I'll be glad if they do come out with an I-4T in a 6th Gen (granted, if a 6th Gen even is released), and there will be someone to make it a point to you that you are full of BS, again...

Captain Awesome? Maybe in your world with all your babble-speak, but just another faceless person in a crowd of others.