View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #299
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I stand by my comment, I've been in every factory in Detroit from the Chrysler Jefferson plant to GMC Truck in Flint. I've seen and experienced everything first hand. You would have been very surprised, the crap that goes on in those factorys. They were cities within a city. There was more illegal activities going on than work, and the only thing that was cared about was the paycheck at the end of the week.

Just because the cars had more metal didn't make them better. Their idea of holding tolerances back then was " close enough " . I guess just because the cars were simpler and easier to work on made them better, that's ok. It's ok if rusting and turning into rattle traps within a couple years was better.

As far as the warranty thing back then, your right because I wouldn't want to stand behind the products either.
Well, who cares how much illegal acvtivity was going on? Ive never seen a straightlaced corporation. Have you?

As for the paycheck thing, we can agree that hasnt changed nor will it change. I'm sure its exactly the same and those folks could give a damn about putting together a car day in and day out. Especially the way the Union has been played out.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote