View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 05:14 PM   #1
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Building a 2.3 Stroker

For current discussion and build stuff, jump to the following link:
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...475465&page=12

Stroker kits can be a controversial subject... Would a 2.3 be worth the hassle? Or would you want something bigger yet?

Obviously this will require custom parts. But the nice thing about a 2.3 would be that it would still have a nice rod/stroke ratio which should still be easy on parts... A greater displacement could be achieved with bore and sleaving the block, but that's a whole separate expense.

I'm guessing not many people will want to really tear this deep into their car, but I'm putting the feeler out there to see if there is interest for me to move forward? I could go about it a couple ways, one, make everything to utilize the stock pistons for a budget kit to keep the price down as you would just reuse your stock pisons, and two, I could offer a forged piston option for guys going all out.

Rough math tells me that you could gain appx 40hp by going to a 2.3, which would put you at about 315 crank hp. Going the stock piston route, would you like an extra 40hp for a ball park cost of under a grand in parts? Would you be willing to crack your engine open?

Last edited by Jason@JacFab; 09-22-2017 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Change title.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote