View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #117
buckeyemike

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
It is unrealistic to evaluate cars built when you were in grade school against today's "standards" (which I could say focus too much on appearances inside and out - and people still complain).

Nor do I see where your "handles like crap" comment is coming from, unless your own driving experience was in one with bad shocks and suspension bushings well past their prime. The earlier car having a different "feel" (mostly a stick axle vs IRS thing) does not necessarily mean that it's poor or grossly inferior. Just different. I've driven a 4th gen (Firebird, actually) a few times, quite possibly harder as far as cornering/handling is concerned than you've ever driven anything.

Rear-of-engine access, Optispark, and brake hop in some years, I'll give you as being 4th gen weaknesses.

At least you got this part right. ( if you're old enough).

Norm
I'm only 12 whats a car.

In all seriousness though, that car is not taken seriously. It IS a great beater for sure, definitely worth having to slay tires but it lacks refinement. Even the 1st and 2nd gen Camaros had that, the later models fell the way of literally every other American car in the late 80's early 90's and became a plastic heap.
buckeyemike is offline   Reply With Quote