View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #50
karnov

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Well my little 4 banger 170hp Sky got the same mpg as my big 323HP V6.... Small doesn't necessarily mean better mileage.
I owned a Turbo Redline Sky, which after the GM factory tune was pushing 290HP and 340tq. Add some high-flow cats and that 3000 lb. car was no joke.

A muscle car is was not, and can't come close to touching my new 1LE. However it would give a stock SS a run for it's money, especially in the corners a stock SS can not hang. Top end is another story, in straight-line a stock SS would overtake it, but the point is that it was a fun a$$ car to drive.

The problem with the Sky was that the design lacked all sense of practicality and didn't have back seat. You couldn't really use this car as a daily driver either as the quality was just not there and is where GM had to skimp just to get the car to production at the price they offered it.

Considering the 6th Gen will based on the Cadillac ATS platform, I could see offering a more sporty coupe style with a small back seat. A turbo 4-cylinder is not the end of the world... but the days of a Camaro being a "muscle car" would be over. I wouldn't call the new Mustang a "muscle car". It seems Ford has already thrown in the towel.
karnov is offline   Reply With Quote