View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 10:59 PM   #14
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by llyons92 View Post
Before this I did the same but buying a newer car I thought what the hell so I went with the dealer to take car of warranty work. Lesson learned. I'm going to make multiple complaints with Chevy customer service.
My issues with dealers are as follows:

- They don't let you watch
- Their priority is volume rather than quality
- No matter how shitty they are, they will always have some customers by default. So you are just a number to them.
- The techs work on allotted hours out of a book. These times are frequently optimistic. So if a tech needs 4 hours to complete a 2 hour rated job, he is not going to be paid for the extra two hours. End result he will just rush everything instead of taking his time.

Compounding the issue is that base-level Chevrolet techs are likely not paid very well, leading to attitudes like what you get at Walmart.

Meanwhile at my independent shop I can go into the shop, watch everything, and talk with the mechanic. I can also give a suggestion or correction (making sure not to come off as arrogant). And because they work off repeat business and long-time customers, they can take the time to do the job properly.

Body shops are less personal but you should still easily be able to find one better than a dealer if you look around.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote