View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #118
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryg75 View Post
I work at a Chevy dealer in OH and have a customer (whose bought at least 6 car's in the last 3 yrs from us and is as reliable as a sunset) whose son works at the factory in BG (for 10 yrs). It's supposedly for the 60th anniv and to top the new Viper that's rumored to push 710hp. And i'm sure it would be of ZR1 caliber so it's not like it's going to be a base model $50G car. If I thought it was BS I wouldn't have mentioned it. And its a fact that the 'vette is moving to a 5.5ltr in the future. Don't be suprised if you see this engine in the future SS Camaro.
It's not fact because it's a RACE-ONLY engine.

And those who truly know don't talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftDream View Post
Stupid if you ask me, running Camaro generations at 10+ years, then hit a goldmine with 5th gens and cut it short.
This isn't the 80s and 90s anymore. The competition is moving fast and GM needs to keep up.

I get why so many 5th gen owners are resisting this. You all want your cars to stay current. But GM is a business. They can't give in to sentiment. If Ford's releasing a new Mustang mid-decade, then GM needs to be ready to counter it.