View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 04:13 PM   #4
imaginager

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
I came out of a 2015 Mustang GT Premium. Manual 6-speed was broken on delivery, which I discovered via the fluid leaking on my garage floor on Day 2 of ownership. I had to wait nearly three weeks to get a new transmission installed, but the dealer comp'd me one monthly payment. Once that was accomplished, and I updated to the MGW shifter, the car was bulletproof, mechanically, and I loved the thing. But, I also nearly R&R'd the interior a couple times over trying to eliminate all the rattles.

Alas, the refresh Ford unveiled for 2018 wasn't all I'd hoped. So...two weeks ago I traded for a new 2017 2SS auto, w/ NPP and Mag Ride Control. If I had any regrets...they evaporated the first time I took the Camaro out on the highway for my early morning 40 mile commute to work.

Arguably, the Mustang is the prettier automobile. Mine certainly got comments every week I drove it. But the sheer brutality of the Camaro, together with the superior gadgetry, handily elevates it over the Ford. The only things I still miss about the Mustang are primarily ergo-related (lumbar adj., center console access).
imaginager is offline   Reply With Quote