View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 12:32 PM   #12
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Besides exterior dimensions, packaging plays a huge role in how much room there is inside a car. Technically speaking, the Camaro is a compact car. Compared to the Cruze (GM's 'normal' compact), the Camaro is 5 inches wider, sits on a 7 inch longer wheelbase, and is 9 inches longer overall. It also sits about 4 inches lower. But the interior volume puts them in the same vehicle class.

Why is the Camaro so big on the outside, yet so small on the inside? Mostly its styling & proportions. Those big wide rear fender haunches eat up about nearly a foot of cabin width in the back. The long hood pushes the cabin back. Go a bit less dramatic on the outside, and you can end up with a more practical interior space -resulting in a car that, while smaller externally, may not be that much smaller on the inside.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote