View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 10:08 AM   #14
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Of course, it is the Camaro. I also like the new mustang design but the new challanger does not appeal to me at all. I have never really been a dodge/Chrystler guy though. I am perhaps the minority on here in that I have never had the privilege of owning a Camaro. I am only 25, so when the production of the Camaro was ceased in '02 i was pretty upset as i had always planned on buying a Camaro when I graduated College. Now that I have finished my graduate degree it actually worked out perfect that they are re-introducing the Camaro late in '08 as i will then have a full year to save for one after i buy my first house.

I drove my cousin's brand new '00 Z-28 to my High School Senior Prom, and vowed to own one ever since.

Like you, I've never owned a Camaro, or any muscle car for that matter either, and I'm older. Like you, I drove an LS1 once and got hooked. I never bought the 4th gen F-bodies (Trans Am and Camaro) because they were either always out of my price range, or I had other priorities (buying house), and of course, they went out of production in 2002. The last two times I was due to buy a new car (2003 and last year), I had no choice but to get an Acura since I couldn't afford a Corvette and didn't particularly want a Mustang. This new Camaro opens the chance for me to be a muscle car owner. If all goes well, God willing, I'll have one in my driveway in '08-'09.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote