View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 05:25 PM   #78
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I'm a little surprised they will use a non OE door. Are you supplying it to them? I guess it's a good idea to replace the other stuff while in there, as you say.

FINALLY getting warmer out here so I'm scheduled to get my aluminum blend door calibrated. I'm convinced it'll be colder when calibrated in the right position. This shop swears that simply unhooking the battery will NOT properly reposition the door. For all you hackers (like me) out there!

Not sure, however when I told the service advisor about the aluminum blend door he did not hesitate. The service advisor also drives a newer Camaro and when he saw my aluminum blend door, his words were "Cool!". He is going to put the old blend door in the packaging the new blend door was in because I requested it to be done. This will allow me to see the current condition and how much life was left in the old blend door.

This same dealership is also going to be installing my 3.91 rear end along with the the SS driveshaft, rear hubs, rear axle shafts along with my new LPW rear differential cover. My plan was to do this before it got delayed to the current situation I am in now due to the AC. It will be a a few months or maybe by the end of the year, I'll take it in to have it done.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote