View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 09:22 PM   #55
spotswood

Drives: Lexus, ZL1 1LE, Ducati, Suzuki,
I tried to read all the pages responding to this thread regarding throttle response and bogging down in first gear. It almost put me in a coma but I guess I will add my 2 cents as I got an e mail to participate.

I noticed a slight bogging down or not quite sure what to call it when taking off at lights.
It is always there in any mode although I almost exclusively use Track mode everywhere.
I just attributed it to the nature of the car and its relationship with throttle and clutch.
I have grown up with many high performance vehicles and all have their own quirks.

It honestly has not been anything out of the norm that I expect in a manual clutch car.
I just have come to the conclusion that the car is touchy with taking off from light and there is a fine line between engaging the clutch and adding throttle. If I engage the clutch fast I can use less throttle, if slower clutch engagement then I need to add a little more throttle and both always need to be smooth.
I never dump the clutch and I never slowly slip it either. Once the clutch it out I can thrash on it as hard as I want and I never see hesitation. If anything, if I take off slower with lower rpm and slipping the clutch too much it does not feel smooth.
It has never occurred to me that it is possible to improve the relationship of throttle to clutch slippage.
I view several of the monitors in performance settings as useless especially the wheel slippage. I do not need a meter to tell me when I have the rear tires slipping. I never use it. As I stated I use track mode as I like the exhaust tone best and most of the time my anti slip feature is turned off. Half the time i also have suspension feature turned off also.
I guess I am just too old fashioned to want all these computer programs interfering with my car control.
Does everyone really feel that the car is not right when taking off? I just chalk it up to the car feeling mushy until I get the clutch out and then its a beast. I am acutely aware though when I am taking off from dead starts.
Gary