View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #224
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS22 View Post
Its a nice looking car, but I dont think it advances the Camaro design. I dont think it is bold or aggressive enough. This car looks alot like concepts that were on the internet before 2006. This car also reminds me of a Corvair (I dont mean that as an insult like some may think) with its rounded c-pillar and the way the backlight flows into the trunk. Theres no way the 2016 camaro will look like this in my opinion. But you have created a cool looking car !
It does advance the Camaro design; if you're looking for a sleeker, cleaner, refinement. If you're looking for comic book/movie car dramatic looks with gimmicky cutouts, curves and bulges then no; this does not go in that direction. It's actually bolder and more aggressive than you think. If this were a real car sitting next to a 5th gen, you'd see the more purposeful road GT look which is what I was going for here; an evolution of the Camaro from just a 1/4 mile standing start car, into a much more capable design. A car that's not just fast in a straight line but continues to dominate when the road curves. This car not only feasts on Mustangs, it adds BMW's to the menu.

Corvairs were great and got screwed IMO by gotcha, sensationalized bad press that vastly over-dramatized what was fixable and wound up killing what otherwise was a pretty good car.

It's going to depend a lot on what they're thinking at GM. After seeing the refresh where details were smoothed out going for a cleaner look; bulges flattened (front grill area) for a sleeker look, it may just be the direction they're looking to go in for the 6th gen. They want to keep that 40% marketshare and that includes male/female and a wide range of ages. They can't go too aggressive/bold or they risk alienating a lot of that 40%.

I think they're going to stay somewhat on the conservative side so what I've designed fits that but keep in mind rules #1 and #2: Rule #1. You can't please everybody. Rule #2. When you think you have a great design, see rule #1. 60% of the market isn't going to like this but that's okay if you have the other 40%; you're making money and can survive.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM