View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #682
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
320 to 340 from a 2.0T would take a big leap in the engine cost and internals. I think 300 is pretty close to the top in the near term.

But for those so dead set against a 4 cylinder............. 2014 Audi S3, 298 HP 2.0T with a nice 0 - 60 of 4.6 seconds. Pretty much running with an SS at that point. Granted a transverse FWD architecture with AWD but 3150 pounds and runs like stink.

So that would bring us back to simply the feel and sound rather than the performance of the V8 being the question at hand.
320 - 340 HP is probably pushing it just a tad, but 320+ TQ is not.

Just look at the Saturn Sky Redline and the Cobalt Turbo SS. There was a factory tune you could purchase which put those things at nearly 300 HP and 320 TQ. Ford has turbo 4s in Europe pushing numbers like that, and the big rumor for a long while now is that the next Mustang will see a 300+ HP turbo.

So I see no problem getting to almost those power numbers you mentioned.

But the weight will almost surely be 3,300+ lbs if not closer to 3,400 for a 4 cylinder Camaro, and it won't have that ultra fancy 7 speed dual clutch transmission, so you won't be looking at sub 5 second 0 - 60 numbers, but you can bet it would be well under 6 seconds.

I'm not saying I'd buy one or not...just don't know, but saying it wouldn't be enjoyable to drive is just wrong. If it handled decently, it would be a hoot to drive I'm sure.