View Single Post
Old 11-16-2023, 12:27 AM   #10
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Wife and I picked up a 99 ws6 for her so she can start doing HPDE with me. Car itself is surprisingly in really good shape but we have had put about 3k into it (b4 tires). Mostly cause it was 25 year old with OEM parts. prior owner kept ridiculous notes on when things were fixed/replaced down to wiper blades and air fresheners. Lol.

we didn't go crazy with mods yet. The engine and trans itself was solid (hence why we bought it). I have been spending the last few months in the garage replacing sensors, gaskets, bushings, ect ect ect to get it back to its glory days. That being said, I've taken it out on "test drives" and man...it brings me back to my early 20s when these were new. Is it zl1 fast.... God no. But for what it is (325hp 350tq) its fast. I am still amazed that v6s now have over 300hp, as that was a pipe dream back in the 90s **without throwing a turbo on it. but there is also a huge difference in v8 tq and v6 tq. And while the hp are close, the tq is where it's going to favor the v8. Either way, it would be an interesting race.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote