View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 10:50 AM   #142
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
The things people, and a Federal regulations are demanding cars being built in the future are adding weight each generation. Unless GM goes down the road of using lighter/exotic materials, I would expect there to be a big weight difference between the 5th and 6th generations. If there is, it's likely to cost the consumer more to get it.
I was going to respond to this, but LOWDOWN covered it perfectly above. Gen 6 will most definitely NOT gain weight simply because it is going on Alpha, and if it shrinks in size (like some sources suggest) it could lose a fairly significan't amount of weight.

The Cadillac CTS went up in size, but yet lost weight when you compare N/A V6 trims because of the move to Alpha. That includes all the new regulations you speak of applied to the new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
That of course is the magic of turbos. When you aren't using them you generally have the same FE as a NA engine with the same displacement.

Now, let's hear more details about the LGX. Is it going to have cylinder deactivation? Will it really be 3.6L? Any changes to the heads? There seems to be very little information available on this engine if they already have test mules using it.
Yes...I want know know more on this engine, but there is nothing out there!