View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 11:40 AM   #25
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
There is some speculation that GM will be announcing/displaying several items at the Detroit show and are afraid that if they unveil the 6th gen, it'll draw too much attention from their other announcements that they want to be front and center.

Who knows.
Thats possible. However, if they reveal the Volt, the CTS-V and 6gen Camaro, i dont think any of the cars will steal eachothers thunder. The Volt is for the treehuggers and to show people they are in the game. A game that could be a gamechanger in a few years time. The CTSV, i dont know exactly who their buyers are, but i suspect not too many people crosshop the caddy and camaro. They are 2 cars built for different purposes. 1 is a muscle car. The other is a luxury tourer, a BMW M5 fighter perhaps..

I honestly believe these 3 vehicles revealed at the same time would garner GM the maximum amount of attention available at the moment. It would call for all car freaks attention. Not "just" camaro lovers if they were revealed at different events at different dates, they would not gather as much hype.

Being that GM is the first to hold a press conference, i believe they take are going for the guns drawn approach. An all in strategy. Reveal, "sit back" for the rest of the event and watch what happens

Im so stoked.. Im positive they will reveal it 12/1
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote