View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #21
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Essentially, yes. But what's more - is all the systems are designed to work together in the SS performance package I've dreamed up. The electronic Driver's Mode Selection system adjusts settings for PTM, MR, Exhaust, among other things. The SS package makes the Z28 feel like a ZL1 minus the engine.

When I drew this all up...obviously, as nothing more than something fun to do...I discovered that with the introduction of the ZL1...things have gotten kind of screwy with Camaro names.

Because the ZL1 is so badass and out-of-this-world, I think Camaro NEEDS it...for status and bragging rights. But, then that means the Z28, and SS must share space, because neither are fit for a 4-cyl or V6 model...

And then...even in my dream world...I don't think there's room for two distinct performance levels in between a V6 and the ZL1. So...I figured a compromise is to include them both.

Z28 is the mainstream Camaro sports car in my lineup: and excellent in every way...a lighter, more powerful and dialed-in version of the current SS. With the theoretical performance package...it becomes "Super" sporty because of the way all the added systems will be able to work together like they do on the ZL1 model.

Even in dream world....there didn't seem to be an easy, semi-realistic answer to the Z28/SS debate...
While that explanation may make sense to you and some others, I think combining SS and Z/28 is a complete fail that has been tried before and should be left in the past to slowly fade away. But then, that's just my opinion, it sounds like you and perhaps others feel differently.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote