View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 12:18 PM   #1
climber

Drives: 2012 Camaro LT
Mobil1 LS and Friction Additive

I am seeing a lot of conflicting information so I wanted to get a quick poll on what people think. I was not paying attention and I added 2.5oz of the GM friction modifier AND Mobil 1 LS (with limited slip additive). Closed it up and then realized that the Mobil 1 LS had limited slip. So do I need to redo this? What does too much friction modifier do?

Anyone used the Mobil1 in the manual transmission? Does the friction modifier hurt the 6-speed stock manual? I am having a hard time finding just a 75w90 gear oil without modifiers haha.

For a 2012 Camaro 1LT (V6)

Also for a side of humor... worked on the car for 6 hrs... 3 mistakes later ... potentially further behind then when I started. Beware of the lug nuts with the little metal "casings/covers" they strip REALLY easily. After an hour trying to get it off, I decided that I need to take it to a tire center once I get the trany and differential back to full. This all started because the tire iron from Chevrolet that came with my car doesn't fit my lug nuts! SOOO glad I never got a flat. Doesn't engage at all. stripped two lug nuts and then I stopped. I can't believe the stock tire iron doesn't work haha. So future tire changers beware. Took some pictures if anyone from Chevrolet wants to help me get a replacement!
climber is offline   Reply With Quote