View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 08:31 AM   #150
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by edco View Post
Soft? They already bounced an '08 Mustang down the stairs in San Francisco on the Bullitt route. It made it to water front and went airborne off the flats. Yes it sparked out on the landings but the drive shaft, exhaust, oil and trans pans, and wheel alignment held intact. Plastic chin took a hit. I have owned two stangs 1970 and 2007. The under carriages are Ford truck tough. Neither rides as "soft" as Gen 5 Camaro. That is because they are Mustangs.

Could a Gen 5 Camaro do that? I think the stamped sheet steel IRS control arms would fold up like a lawn chair and never see the water front. Unlike a solid rear axle, the differential is geometrical exposed, you may lose the lube or ring gear. The four rear CVS joints are built for radial loads, they may separate with high shock axial loads. This is one route where a 20" rim. 4000#, IRS, 112" wb car does not pay off. Soft? When the 15 stang comes out-check the IRS construction, compare it Gen 5 Camaro, blind bet-it will not be anything like the Gen 5 IRS. It will be Ford truck tough. All you have to do is get on your hands knees.

What are you talking about? Is this some kind of funny sarcasm? Nobody meant this when they used the word "soft"....I sure didn't. Nobody has even mentioned any of this.