View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 08:33 PM   #5
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
GMI posted a news story on the future of GM's model lineup both domestic and international; there's a lot of talk on the lack of RWD offerings due to the usual beat down subjects of CAFE and maintaining a "green" profile. At the same time Ford has a ton of RWD offerings in the wings for the future, completely un-phased by the energy bill, and with that it's said that Ford will once "again" have the corner on RWD for the market. Personally, I think killing RWD vehicles that only get -1 mpg will only hurt GM because that's not what most people want (believe it or not), for many the handling/performance combo RWD offers is endearing and something that definitely sells cars (look at BMW, MB, and other RWD products that have sold very well for others). If GM kills RWD offerings for the future I'll be walking over to Ford (something I never thought I'd say or do, but hell, I gotta have my RWD).

You can read the GMI article mentioned here: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=60465