View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 07:48 AM   #23
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post
This one went from unnamed collection of storms in the Gulf to Cat4 monster making landfall in two and a half days, which is awfully fast. When Sandy hit my area a few years ago (the eye passed just a few miles south of where I live - granted I live on a hill a hundred feet above sea level with no basement in southeast PA, so flooding wasn't a concern), we had a week of knowing a hurricane was out there and a couple models suggesting it might just hang a left into NJ to keep us on our toes. Harvey played a much more sinister game with the people of Texas.
Okay, that I can give it. I thought there was more warning than 2.5 days, if thats the case then yeah they did do the right thing by not evacuating otherwise you're right it would have been a mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbates455 View Post
You're right I googled Miami dade population not greater Miami population. Just a little sick of people who don't live here talking like you know what's going on here. You don't. It's a 1000 year flood and all folks can do is armchair quarterback the situation like they could handle it so much better. This is why I don't do social media. And this was the first forum I'd ever joined. And won't do it again. Why? People suck. That's why. Next time some bad stuff happens to you, I hope people don't help you, but bust balls like you are doing. Worst natural disaster in Houston's history. And going on sanctimonious rants on a camaro forum is a real big help. Respond with whatever. I don't care. I'm done. need4camaro. You suck.
Apologies! - Just as a side note though I've been through Houston a good few times though.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote