View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 11:06 PM   #5
SharpOldNo7

Drives: 2015 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
The last picture is the balancing weight tape ( double sided tape)that got left behind after the weight was removed .

There should be a corresponding spot on your suspension with a little rubber on it . Also with the other tire still mounted turn the wheel and look at what is close that corresponds to the tire that has the rub marks. If you don't have a square set up ,don't run the rears on the front .
Look at the 2nd picture in the first post all the way to the right side where the wheel weight is shown. You can see that it is tapered as whatever scraped it scraped it harder on one end than it did on the other end. The little fibers you see are what was scraped off the wheel weight.

The wheel weight has never been removed that I am aware of. Part of the weight is still on that spot. I don't think that is double sided tape residue as I believe it to be part of the weight itself. Here is a picture of another weight on the same wheel. What has been ground down looks just like the weight in this picture just ground to a "taper". The sticky side of the weight is very thin and what is ground down is still thick on one edge.

There is nothing on the suspension that has been rubbed as evident from the pictures I took of the suspension while the tire was off. If anything is rubbing, it would have to be the lower ball joint. That still does not explain the marks on the tire sidewall.

I don't plan on running 20x9s on the front unless I have 20x9s on the rear thus a square setup. That was the whole point in checking the 20x9 for fitment. the 20x9 is close to the strut as I can barley get my fingers between the strut and the tire tread.

I think the 20X9 rims are probably a +40MM which brings them closer to the suspension components and the tire and wheel are wider. I also think a 1/2" or 3/4" wheel spacer should be used on the front if running the 20X9s for a square setup.
Attached Images

Last edited by SharpOldNo7; 04-16-2017 at 11:36 PM.
SharpOldNo7 is offline   Reply With Quote