View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 10:18 PM   #38
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVERL8TE View Post
Anyone can mod a car for top performance but for a manufacturer to built a car such as the Demon and stand behind it with a full factory warranty is nothing short of amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJensen383 View Post
x2... Thats pretty incredible that they are building a mid 9 second car from the factory that is fully street legal with a warranty...Talk about setting the bar high..yikes.

Im a Chevy guy through and through, but Dodge just hit this one way outta the park for us street/strip guys...There is no reason to hate this car. Dodge isnt trying to make it something its not, its a street/strip car, thats it pure and simple... You have to give it the respect it deserves. Nothing from any factory right now is capable of running 9s @140 off the showroom floor with a warranty.

Not everyone tracks their car at road courses, so being able to pull 1g around a corner doesnt matter. This is whats great about America, theres something for everyone... I wish Chevy would make something like this.

The issue I do have with the Demon is the fact that John Q public wont be able to race the car to it fullest potential. 9.99 and under or over 135mph requires a certified cage and a NHRA competition drivers licence that most people wouldnt have and would be kicked off the track after 1 pass. Really cool car to have but at 90k most hardcore drag racers have a dedicated drag car that goes faster and costs less.
I totally agree with both of your statements...My only thought is will there be a manufacture that produces one of these super cars that will be affordable for the dying middle class???If I answer my own question I would say "no", but since these cars basically sell themselves could advertisement cost be reduced and passed on to the consumer...Was it 13 weeks of limited info mini movies made about this car, I can only imagine how much that cost...Anyway ranting over the price will get me no where...I'll be the first to tell anyone that I'm not loyal to any of the motor companies, I buy what I like regardless of make...Hell if Craftsman came out with a car that was running and I liked it I would be in line to get one if it was in my price range...lol

Last edited by STUNNAH; 04-14-2017 at 01:44 AM.
STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote