View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 07:49 AM   #183
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
I said the fastest COPO model is 1 second faster than the Demon so I am not stating the Demon is faster. What I am stating is that it is faster than the entry level COPO (6.2L), equal to the mid level COPO (7.0l), and a second slower than the top end COPO. However, the COPO has to be trailered to the strip, you or I will never be able to own one as they only make 69 a year, and does not have the option to throw in a passenger and rear seat (for $1), run on pump gas OR race fuel (with the flip of a switch), or allow you to take it to the local cruise in on Friday night.

Make no mistake, I am a Chevy guy but I can concede when another manufacturer OWNS a specific performance market and the Demon pretty much just ripped that out of everyone's hand, including TESLA for 0-60. Imagine what Dodge could have delivered if it went the COPO route? Low 8's? High 7's? The fact that they can run mid 9's in a car the passes emissions and required safety elements AND will build 3000 of them simply says to me that there is a new sheriff in town for the strip and that the COPO's approach to the market has been shown to be antiquated.
Are there not drag racing rules applying to the COPO?