View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 12:28 PM   #1
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Relocating Wire Harness for Larger Tires

Someone asked for a summary of how to do the wire harness relocation for the driver side rear wheel well when upgrading to larger tires. I uploaded this summary and picture and figured I would share here:

Here's a picture of my driver side rear wheel well. After you remove the wheel well liner you should see a cable that runs in the general path of the red line.

- Remove the wheel well liner by popping out the handful of plastic clips (I only undid the forward half of the liner)
- The yellow marks represent where the cable is secured with a zip tie,
- Cut the bottom 2 that are shown
- Relocate the cable by sliding it inboard as far as it goes (shown by the green line)
- Down at the bottom by the harness connector you will see a frame with a hole that you can run a zip tie through to secure it in it's new location

You can see in the picture where the hole will form from rubbing. This particular picture is from a BFG 305/35/20 on stock springs. Why did I go with a 35 instead of a 30... Because that's all the BFG comp 2 A/S comes in and I wanted to run a 305 size A/S on my 20x11s.

After a few hundred miles the rubbing stopped (didn't get any bigger than what you see below) and no issues with damage to the cable.
Attached Images

gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote