View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 04:45 PM   #13
Imdyinhere
Keeper of the Gold Acorn

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcfuzz View Post
This is just a big no no.

Lets talk shall we. First of all there will be a lot of people who argue that rear fill is unnecessary and others who feel the opposite. Personally i use my rear speakers to fill the slight run off in frequency between my component door speakers and my 12" sub. I could push more midbass through my door speakers but given the ever changing environment that is our doors i opted for some good bynines in the rear deck. I tried components back there but just couldn't get the frequency response I wanted. What i noticed was that with proper tuning ( iam running active with a Zapco Z8 processor), the rear fill speakers brought my stage up a bit more and offered a bit more depth of stage. This is due to reflection off the back glass and th ability to manage the frequencies going through them via 31 band parametric eq.

I have to disagree with my dear friend Snoman with regards to 4 channel immersion. that is best left for home theaters. period. Music is not meant to be listened to in surround sound or 5.1 for that matter (ie. ditch the center channel.) You really can get all you need from the music you listen to in a stereo environment. No need to broadcast voice and high instrument frequencies from behind. When you listen to live music, do you sit on the stage with the band or are they in front of you performing?

In the end, do what you feel sounds best to you. It is your car after all and I respect that. But you might just get someone who knows car audio in your ride sometime to listen to your stereo and they will get out shaking their head. Its not that its wrong per se, but it is well off the beaten path of tried and true sound quality.
2011 RJT 2SS/RS - Kooks 1-7/8 Long Tubes, High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, MTI Short Throw Shifter, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Fasster Billet Fuel Rails & Custom Braided Vapor and Fuel Lines, CAI Cold Air Intake, RX Catch Can, Nitto Invos, Hawk HPS, BMR Trailing Arms, 2x Zapco ST4x-SQ amps, ST850x-II Sub amp, Morel Tempo 6 componenets, Morel Maximo 6x9, Morel 124 Primo Sub, Zapco DSP8Z Processor... More to Come.
Imdyinhere is offline   Reply With Quote