View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 08:50 AM   #12
Stoner

Drives: 2017 ZL1 HBM, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17CamaroZL1 View Post
No one mentioned that insurance companies raise everyone's rates every year a certain percentage, so it pays to shop around. Pick the cheapest you can find, stick with them a few years, and they'll all of a sudden be the highest. Progressive was always cheapest for me when I'd search, so I used them, never had any claims, no status changes, and a few years later I check prices because my bill kept going up, and I was able to knock over $1000 dollars off my insurance on 2 trucks and our house. My dad had told me about his local insurance with a friend of his that kept raising his cost. He would switch, the new company would raise it after a year, he'd switch back to his original insurance for what he started, raise it again.....so on. After switching with his friend 3 or 4 times, they asked why he kept switching and he told them because you keep raising my rates. Leave them alone and I'll stay. They finally quit raising them. I've experienced the same. Insurance companies are like satellite companies. They'll offer great prices for a year or two, then raise rates. You can't hardly get them to give a current customer any deals unless you threaten to leave, and even then, that doesn't always work.
I have been with State Farm for 30+ years, and I do shop around. Maybe because I have so many policies with them, and a bunch of associated discounts, no one else can come close.
Stoner is offline   Reply With Quote